Plan Your Wedding
The House of the Seven Gables…once host to author Nathaniel Hawthorne provides an unforgettable setting for your special day. You’ll be surrounded by lush gardens and spectacular waterfront views. The Gables offers a variety of spaces from intimate gatherings to grand, tented affairs.
A dedicated staff member will guide you every step of the way to ensure that every detail is just right.
Whether your event is a 200-person seaside affair or a 30-person cocktail party, we have flexible arrangements, pricing, and venues to ensure that you have the day of your dreams.
- On-site event coordinator
- First-look photo opportunity
- Flexible catering options
(*Amenities subject to availability)
- Seaside Lawn (up to 200 guests for dinner with a dance floor; 250–300 guests for a cocktail or lecture-style events.)
- Plumsock and Holyoke Rooms (up to 75 guests for dinner with a dance floor; 100 guests for a cocktail or lecture-style events).
- Hooper-Hathaway House (up to 30 guests for dinner; 50 guests for a cocktail reception)
The Gables can recommend rental companies that are very familiar with our venue and will provide you with excellent service in obtaining a tent, tables, chairs, and linens. The preferred caterers’ list can be supplied at your request.
Professional photography is any session using a paid photographer or any professional-style shoot, including wedding, family, or special event portraits. Professional photography is permitted when approved in advance, requires a signed contract between the photographer and The Gables along with a certificate of insurance. Unless you notify the photographer on-site otherwise, your attendance at an event or program grants The House of the Seven Gables permission to display and/or publish any photographs in which you appear. For any questions, please contact email@example.com. Click here to review our full policy.
To book an engagement or wedding photography session that is not part of an event rental, please contact Deb Costa to discuss pricing and options.
- We are in a residential area and therefore, we must be a good neighbor. All rentals are for a maximum of five hours and must end by 10:00 p.m. Vendor set up and take down times are not included in these five hours.
- A deposit of 50% of your rental fee is required with the return of a signed contract to confirm the space along with a refundable security deposit of $1000.
The House of the Seven Gables is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit. Hosting your special event at The Gables helps us to continue our century-old mission of preservation and education. Be part of an ongoing legacy and make memories that will last a lifetime at The House of the Seven Gables.
To schedule a viewing of the site, receive information for smaller events, or to find pricing to use the site for photos, please call or email, or use our form below.
For questions or additional information, please contact our Events Manager, Deb Costa, 978-744-0991 x130.