Welcome to The House of the Seven Gables!
To help us ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our visitors, please be aware of the following:
- Service animals as defined by state and federal regulations are welcome. Emotional support, therapy or comfort animals are not allowed.
- Your presence acknowledges that you have been informed of the potential to be photographed or filmed, and that you grant permission for your likeness to be published.
- Exterior and interior photography for personal use is permitted, except for the month of October. We reserve the right to withdraw this permission at any time.
- Many of the rooms in these early homes are small with low ceilings and uneven floors. We ask our visitors to exercise care when navigating through the properties.
- Due to the nature of the architecture at The Gables’ campus, our historic house museums are not wheelchair and stroller accessible. Our visitor center, gardens, grounds, and a portion of our Museum Store are accessible. Information is available for visitors who cannot access our historic house museums.
- Our experiences last approximately 45-60 minutes. Seating is not provided, and visitors may be invited to walk and climb narrow, twisting stairways. While alternate routes can be offered in some cases, there are no elevators in any of our historic buildings.
- Please silence all electronic devices and refrain from using them in any way that might distract other visitors.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the historic structures.
- Do not touch or lean on objects, cases, and displays.
- Please properly store large backpacks, suitcases, and umbrellas at the Visitor Center entrance before entering the grounds or historic structures. Private property is stored at your own risk.
- No smoking is allowed beyond the back door of the Visitor Center or in any interior spaces. The use of smoking or tobacco products are permitted only at the smoking stations located in the parking lot.
- Possession of intoxicating substances or dangerous materials, including firearms, is not permitted anywhere on the property.
- Visitors who exhibit disruptive behavior or appear intoxicated will be refused admittance and/or asked to leave the premises. Examples of such behaviors include but are not limited to:
- Loss of coordination such as swaying or staggering
- Slurred speech or speaking loudly (We encourage respectful conversation about our objects and
- Running or jumping in historic structures
- Touching objects on display
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Disruptive children and their parents will be asked to leave the guided experience. Examples of disruptive behavior include but are not limited to:
- Crying and other outbursts
- Talking over the tour guide or actors