The only way to visit our historic site this year for our outdoor-only Gardens and Grounds Experience is with an advance ticket from our website!
In order to have the most fun and least stress when visiting Salem, we recommend taking some time to plan out your day so that you don’t miss any bucket list items.
At The House of the Seven Gables, we’re all about the “open-air” experience in 2020. Since the weather is shaping up to be perfection this weekend, it’s the perfect time to enjoy our 2020 Gardens and Grounds Experience.
Your admission supports our nonprofit museum and gives you:
- Access to a 30-minute narrated historic site tour using a personal electronic device (i.e. phone or tablet)
- A historic garden guide and site map
- Access to the historic gardens, Museum Store, and Visitor Center for up to one hour.
- Families are welcome to request a scavenger hunt upon arrival.
We also want you to know that we are not able to offer our traditional guided tour experience of the famed mansion in 2020. Both the square footage and cost to staff tours were out of reach for our organization this year and we hope that we’ll be able to resume tours in 2021. While we can’t have you as a guest IN our home, we welcome you onto our site to learn about 350 years of history and stories while you enjoy an audio tour that shares much of the same information as our guided tour experience. Our friendly staff is also stationed around the site to help answer your questions and make sure you are having the best experience we can offer this year.
Our maximum garden occupancy is 50 people at one time. We expect our weekends to sell out. You can click here to purchase tickets for the exact day and time you want to visit. We’ll be open 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with tickets available every five minutes. Please note: visitors will not be able to enter our Visitor Center or historic site without an advance ticket purchase.
In order to keep things running smoothly, we have a number of rules and regulations in place.
- Visitors must be on-time. We have a low capacity for visitors on-site and want to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone.
- Visits will be limited to one hour but that is plenty of time to enjoy the narrated smartphone tour, soak in the gardens and harbor views, and enjoy a stop in our Museum Store.
- Our Gardens and Grounds Experience is rain-or-shine! We invite you to be a hearty New Englander and dress for whatever Mother Nature has planned.
- Our organization is taking all state and local guidance about COVID-19 seriously and ask that you do, too. When you purchase online tickets, you are agreeing to wear a suitable face covering for the duration of your time with us and to keep at least 6 feet of distance between you, our staff, and other visitors. We are not allowed to have a line or to allow more than 50 visitors into our gardens at once. Advance online ticket purchases allow us to best serve you and keep everyone as safe as possible.
We know that there is a lot that is going into traveling in 2020 and if a visit to The Gables isn’t for you, we hope you’ll plan to visit us when guidelines allow us to provide our traditional experience. With that said, each visitor that comes to our site helps us to keep our doors open. Your admission dollars support educational programming and historic preservation of our two-acre museum campus. We are truly excited to welcome you and are grateful for your support!
Helpful Links:covid, haunted happenings, historic house museum, plan your visit, Salem, salem ma, the house of the seven gables, Visit us
This post was written by Julie Arrison-Bishop