We are looking forward to welcoming YOU to our historic site this fall and wanted to share some updates about the visitor experience.
Here are the top 5 things you need to know:
1. The 2020 Gardens and Grounds Experience is a safe, fun, and informative way to visit and support The House of the Seven Gables in an open-air setting.
2. Starting on September 21, the only way to access the historic site is by purchasing advance tickets online.
3. We follow all state and local COVID-19 safety guidelines. If wearing a face covering and social distancing isn’t your things, we hope you’ll join us at a later date.
4. The Turner-Ingersoll Mansion, best known as The House of the Seven Gables, is NOT open for visitors this year. We are not offering guided tours.
5. Our staff has been preparing an amazing open-air experience for you to enjoy and we can’t wait for you to join us!
The 2020 Gardens and Grounds Experience includes:
- Access to a 30-minute narrated historic site tour using a personal electronic device (i.e. phone or tablet)
- A historic garden guide and site map
- Access to the historic gardens, Museum Store, and Visitor Center for up to one hour.
- Families are welcome to request a scavenger hunt upon arrival.
Starting on September 21, the only way to access our historic site will be with advance online tickets. You can click here to purchase tickets for the exact day and time you want to visit. We’ll be open 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with tickets available every five minutes. Please note: visitors will not be able to enter our Visitor Center or historic site without an advance ticket purchase.
When you arrive at The Gables for your visit, you’ll just come to our Visitor Center to check-in and be on your way to learn about over 350 years of history. Visitors must be on-time. We have a low capacity for visitors on-site and want to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone. Visits will be limited to one hour but that is plenty of time to enjoy the narrated smartphone tour, soak in the gardens and harbor views, and enjoy a stop in our Museum Store. Our Gardens and Grounds Experience is rain-or-shine! We invite you to be a hearty New Englander and dress for whatever Mother Nature has planned.
Our organization is taking all state and local guidance about COVID-19 seriously and ask that you do, too. When you purchase online tickets, you are agreeing to wear a suitable face covering for the duration of your time with us and to keep at least 6 feet of distance between you, our staff, and other visitors. We are not allowed to have a line or to allow more than 50 visitors into our gardens at once. Advance online ticket purchases allow us to best serve you and keep everyone as safe as possible.
We know that there is a lot that is going into traveling in 2020 and if a visit to The Gables isn’t for you, we hope you’ll plan to visit us when guidelines allow us to provide our traditional experience. With that said, each visitor that comes to our site helps us to keep our doors open. Your admission dollars support educational programming and historic preservation of our two-acre museum campus. We are truly excited to welcome you and are grateful for your support!