March 11, 2020
The House of the Seven Gables anticipates closing through at least April 7, 2020, based upon the suggested closures for Massachusetts schools and gathering places. We are doing this out of an abundance of caution for our staff and visitors and to be a part of flattening the curve of COVID-19.
- Our site will be closed to the public and non-essential staff through April 7 to be in compliance with orders from the state of Massachusetts.
- All public programs through May 1 are either canceled or postponed.
- We will be offering digital information ranging from films to past lectures to education programs while we are shut down. We hope you’ll virtually join us and stay engaged!
- Our Visitor Services staff is making contact with all booked and confirmed group tours and school groups through the month of April to help work out postponements, rebookings, and cancellations.
- We’ll be working with board and volunteer groups on virtual meeting solutions.
- Our non-essential staff will either be working from home in a limited capacity. There may be lags in communication. If there is an urgent matter that is not being addressed, please reach out to a member of our leadership team.
We will update on plans to reopen as soon as possible.
This post was written by Julie Arrison-Bishop