The House of the Seven Gables welcomes thousands of group visitors each year from across America and abroad. The famed historic homes, seaside gardens, and the site’s rich history offer a memorable experience for guests of all ages and interests. As members of the American Bus Association we understand the specific needs and concerns of the group leisure travel and motor coach markets.
Group tour admission to The House of the Seven Gables includes:
- A 35 – 40 minute guided tour of the Turner-Ingersoll Mansion (The House of the Seven Gables)
- A visit to the Nathaniel Hawthorne Birthplace
- Family fun at Kid’s Cove at the Counting House and seasonal Living History Labs
- A stroll through the Colonial Revival seaside gardens
- Audio tour of the gardens, grounds, and waterfront through the UniGuide App, available on your personal phone or tablet.
For more information about planning your visit including directions, information for international guests, and site accessibility, click here
GROUP TOUR POLICIES
- Reservations and group rates apply to 10 or more guests.
- To reserve a private tour for your group of 10 or more, you must book at least TWO WEEKS in advance of your preferred arrival date.
- Large groups will tour The House of the Seven Gables in tours of up to 18 people every 5 minutes.
- Discount rates are not available on holidays and weekends in October.
- Complimentary admission for 1 bus driver and 1 professional tour escort per bus.
- Student Groups: One chaperone per 10 students is complimentary and required for admittance. Chaperones must stay with their assigned students at all times.
- For the courtesy and safety of other guests and the historic property, we ask that all backpacks and large bags be left on the bus until after the visit. Exceptions to this policy are chaperones or students transporting necessary medical or personal items.
- Discounted group rates are not available on holidays and weekends in October.
REQUEST A GROUP TOUR
For questions or additional information, please contact Ben Lithgow, Assistant Manager of Visitor Services.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 978-744-0991 x153.
GETTING TO THE GABLES
The House of the Seven Gables
115 Derby Street
Salem, Mass 01970
Limited motor coach parking is available free of charge in our private lot for the duration of your visit. For motor coach directions and other parking in Salem, click hereLimited motor coach parking is available free of charge in our private lot for the duration of your visit. For motor coach directions and other parking in Salem, click here.