If you have a group tour booked in 2020 and need to make adjustments to your reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process. Our staff will be able to assist you in 3-5 business days after receiving your request.
We’re here to help!
The House of the Seven Gables has welcomed thousands of group visitors each year from across America and abroad. The famed historic homes, seaside gardens, and the site’s rich history offer a memorable experience for guests of all ages and interests. As members of the American Bus Association, we understand the specific needs and concerns of the group leisure travel and motorcoach markets.
Group tour admission to The House of the Seven Gables includes:
- Please note: the 2020 group experience will be significantly modified based on state and local health regulations. The experience below should be expected in 2021 and beyond.
- A 45 minute guided tour of the Turner-Ingersoll Mansion (The House of the Seven Gables)
- A visit to the Nathaniel Hawthorne Birthplace
- Family fun at Kid’s Cove at the Counting House and seasonal Living History Labs
- A stroll through the Colonial Revival seaside gardens
- Audio tour of the gardens, grounds, and waterfront through the UniGuide App, available on your personal phone or tablet.
For more information about planning your visit including directions, information for international guests, and site accessibility click here
GROUP TOUR POLICIES – SUMMARY
- Reservations and group rates apply to 10 or more guests.
- To reserve a private tour for your group of 10 or more, you must book at least two weeks in advance of your preferred arrival date.
- Large groups will tour The House of the Seven Gables in tours of up to 18 people every 5 minutes.
- Discounted rates are not available on holidays and weekends in October.
- Complimentary admission for one bus driver and one professional tour escort per bus. For student groups, one chaperone per 10 students is complimentary and required for admittance. Chaperones must stay with their assigned students at all times.
- With the exception of October, payment is due at the time of your arrival unless prepayment is sent prior to the event.
- Free bus parking is available on a first come, first serve basis while a group is visiting the site.
- For the courtesy and safety of other guests and the historic property, we ask that all backpacks and large bags be left on the bus until after the visit. Exceptions to this policy are chaperones or students transporting necessary medical or personal items.
- Groups are required to check-in at the admissions desk 10 minutes prior to the start of their tour or program. If a group does not arrive at the required check in time for any reason, we must release the reservation to our walk-in visitors. We will make every effort to reschedule the group if space is available at a later time. Please note that we cannot guarantee space for late arrivals.
- Full terms and conditions will be available at the time of booking. This list is meant to act as a guide to help with planning a group tour or educational program.
To allow for the enjoyment of all visitors to The House of the Seven Gables and to help us care for our buildings, collections, and landscapes, we appreciate your compliance with our guidelines for personal and professional photography. Personal/recreational photography is candid, souvenir-type photography using a non-paid photographer. The photographs are not to be used commercially. Recreational photography for personal use is allowed during guided tours, with the exception of the month of October. Professional photography is any session using a paid photographer or any professional-style shoot, including wedding, family, or special event portraits. Professional photography is permitted when approved in advance, requires a signed
contract between the photographer and The Gables along with a certificate of insurance. The House of the Seven Gables may photograph or film its events and public programs. Unless you notify the photographer on site otherwise, your attendance at an event or program grants The House of the Seven Gables permission to display and/or publish any photographs in which you appear. For any questions, please contact email@example.com. Click here to review our full policy.
REQUEST A GROUP TOUR
For questions or additional information, please contact Ben Lithgow, Assistant Manager of Visitor Services. firstname.lastname@example.org | 978-306-7006.
GETTING TO THE GABLES
The House of the Seven Gables
115 Derby Street
Salem, Mass 01970
Limited motorcoach parking is available free of charge in our private lot for the duration of your visit. For motorcoach directions and other parking in Salem, click here.
For information about planning group travel in Salem, click here.
For information about planning international group travel in Salem, click here.