When Planning a Field Trip to The House of the Seven Gables, Students Have Two Options:
Options for field trips include a group tour, or an education program. Both selections provide excellent learning experiences!
- A 35 – 40 minute guided tour of the Turner-Ingersoll Mansion (The House of the Seven Gables)
- A visit to the Nathaniel Hawthorne Birthplace
- Family fun at Kid’s Cove at the Counting House and seasonal Living History Labs
- A stroll through the Colonial Revival seaside gardens
- Audio tour of the gardens, grounds, and waterfront through the UniGuide App , available on your personal phone or tablet.
Rates vary for group tours and education programs. Please visit the pages to see what the best match for your budget is and to schedule your visit to The Gables.
STUDENT GROUP TOUR POLICIES
- Large groups will tour The House of the Seven Gables in tours of 15 people every 5 minutes.
- Group rates apply to 10 or more guests.
- Discount rates are not available on holidays and weekends in October.
- Student Groups: One chaperone per 10 students is complimentary and required for admittance. Chaperones must stay with their assigned students at all times.
- For the courtesy and safety of other guests and the historic property, we ask that all backpacks and large bags be left on the bus until after the visit. Exceptions to this policy are chaperones or students transporting necessary medical or personal items.
GETTING TO THE GABLES
The House of the Seven Gables
115 Derby Street
Salem, Mass 01970
Limited motor coach parking is available free of charge in our private lot for the duration of your visit. For motor coach directions and other parking in Salem, click here.