Open daily 10 A.M. – 5 P.M.

Counting House Postcard, c.1960

Date: c.1960

Type: Postcard

Categories: , , ,

Description

This postcard shows the Counting House in its present-day location on the waterfront. The brick pathways indicate that this picture was taken after 1958. The description on the back gives a brief history of counting houses, including their role as a place for ship owners in early Salem to keep records of their business.