Open daily 10 A.M. – 4 P.M.

Counting House Postcard, 1912

Date: 1912

Type: Postcard

Categories: , , ,

Description

This 1912 postcard features an image of the Counting House at 54 Turner Street, its former location on the grounds at the House of Seven Gables. Although it was originally constructed c.1830 as a place for sea captains to do their accounting and bookkeeping, the table and chairs just outside the Counting House in this image suggest that it was used as a place to take a break while touring the site.