We’ve compiled a list of commonly asked questions about visiting The House of the Seven Gables in 2021. Our staff has worked hard to create safe and enjoyable experiences for all visitors.
Do I need to buy my tickets in advance?
- Yes. State guidelines recommend that all museums have online options for tickets and reservations. Getting your tickets in advance guarantees that you will have the experience of your choosing. Until our staff is vaccinated, we are working to limit visitor contact time as well.
Does the Grounds Pass allow me to go INSIDE any buildings?
- No. The Grounds Pass is an open-air experience and does NOT include access to any of our historic interiors. Ticket holders can access the Museum Store and restrooms. The only way to experience the interiors is with the Semi-Private Guided Tour package.
What if it rains? What if I can’t come after I buy a ticket?
- All sales are final and refunds are not available for any ticket or any reason. We have extremely limited capacity and need to have a daily plan for staffing and budgeting. We are a nonprofit historic site trying to recover from a financially devastating year.
Do I really need to wear a mask even though I am outside?
- Yes. For everyone’s safety, you must wear a suitable face mask for your entire visit. Massachusetts guidelines state that all people over the age of 5 must wear a mask when in public places.
What else is happening in Salem?
- 2021 will be a challenging year for our community partners as guidelines change, reservation requirements become less restrictive, occupancy rates increase, and more. Our best suggestion is to request your free Salem guide [https://www.salem.org/free-guide] and download the Salem App from the App Store before your trip.
Why can’t I have a discount?
- Our nonprofit historic site lost $1.5 million in income in 2020. We are working towards stabilizing our future and cannot offer discounts.
- Limited discounted tickets are ONLY available for Gables and NARM members and Salem residents. These visitors will need to provide proof of membership or residency upon check-in or will be charged full-price admission.