Greetings Gables friends and fans! What a long, strange trip these past few weeks have been. We wanted to let you know a few things that are going on at our site:
- Visit our new “Welcome Home” web page . Take this downtime to revisit some of our favorite lectures, community conversations, and interactive exhibits.
- Follow us on social media! We have daily content ranging from lectures to favorite photos and even a hint of pop culture. Follow along or say hello – we’d love to hear from you.
- Looking for some family fun? Participate in a family art contest with the Salem Arts Association and flex those creative muscles. We are offering at-home learning resources on our social media channels.
- We continue to offer our ESL and Citizenship classes, virtually. While participation is not at the levels of our in-person classes, there are still dedicated individuals working hard to improve their English, even during these trying times.
- Check out Creative Collective for live streams and amazing happenings locally. If you’re missing Salem, this is a great way to get a cultural fix!
Our leadership staff is currently looking into opportunities with the CARES Act to support our organization. We have furloughed 90% of our staff. The remaining staff are working reduced hours. The staff who remain are helping to protect and preserve our museum campus and offer any available educational opportunities during closure. We need YOUR support. If you are willing and able, become a member or support us with a gift of any amount. You can also join our email list and stay up-to-date on our happenings.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our historic site – to see tulips in bloom, take in the seaside scent, and to savor moments in history.Tags: become a member, covid, join us, support us, the house of the seven gables, update, what's happening
This post was written by Julie Arrison-Bishop