Memorial Day weekend is often seen as the kickoff to summer and when you see the list of events happening at The House of the Seven Gables this week, you’ll know that we are ready for the most fun of all the seasons in Salem!
- On Monday, May 27, we are offering free admission for veterans with military ID. We welcome you to experience this American icon as a thank you for your service to our country.
- From 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., we’ll have a rug hooking demonstration in the historic Hooper-Hathaway House. Join our volunteer corps to learn about this unique craft.
- Excited? Happy? Can’t wait? Show us your emojis on May 28! Jennifer 8. Lee will be at The Gables talking about the short history of this cool communication tool!
- It’s always a pleasure partnering up with the Salem Arts Association for their En Plein Air days. We look forward the Thursday’s exhibit being held at The Gables.
- 17th Century Saturdays kicks off on June 1! We are excited to partner with the North of Boston Visitors Bureau and offer free garden passes all day! Come and experience our new Arts and Mysteries Revealed program and get hands-on with fiber arts!
Tags: emoji, emojination, fiber arts, jennifer 8. lee, jenny 8. lee, Memorial Day, rug hooking, the fortune cookie chronicles, the gables, the house of the seven gables, what's happening
This post was written by Julie Arrison-Bishop