Notice: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' in /home/gables/public_html/wp-content/themes/SevenGables/single.php on line 40
Notice: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' in /home/gables/public_html/wp-content/themes/SevenGables/single.php on line 42
Salem Maritime National Historic Site is affected by the government shutdown and is closed until further notice.
Here are some things you can do to help:
- Take a walk around the park and pick up litter.
- If you see anything in need of emergency attention at the Salem Maritime Site (i.e. broken windows, extensive litter, damage) contact Ryan or Kathryn at Essex Heritage, 978-740-0444, or the staff at Waite and Peirce, 978-744-4319
Some concerned community members have expressed interest in starting up a drive for grocery gift cards and other needs. Federal employees are not allowed to accept cash or gifts, so while the thought is greatly appreciated, please do not organize this type of event. (Stay tuned…Destination Salem will be compiling a list of discounts and offers for all of our furloughed friends!)
In case information is needed in person, visitors can be directed to
- Waite and Peirce, 193 Derby Street; Open 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily
- Salem Main Streets/Salem Chamber of Commerce at 265 Essex Street; Generally open 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., weekdays
- Please note there are no public bathrooms at either location.
Information and needs will be updated as needed. Please send good thoughts for a prompt end to the government shutdown so that our colleagues can get back to doing their jobs of caring for the country’s first designated National Historic Site.Tags: federal employee, government shutdown, Salem Maritime National Historic Site, shutdown
Notice: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' in /home/gables/public_html/wp-content/themes/SevenGables/single.php on line 51
This post was written by Julie Arrison-Bishop