Join us for an entertaining evening of music and dance as we celebrate the 350th anniversary of The House of the Seven Gables.
Gables Fest is all about inviting the community to share in the celebration of the 350th anniversary of The House of the Seven Gables! Come eat, drink, and be merry with us starting at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 4. Click here for full details and to purchase tickets: https://7gables.org/gables-fest-2018
You don’t need to leave Salem to have an international experience. Just as Caroline Emmerton did over a century ago, The House of the Seven Gables is opening up its doors to a unique blend of talent from near and far. Featured performers include:
- DUNYA: An Eastern Turkish Renaissance Ensemble playing traditional Turkish music.
- Dhangsang Lughar/Music of Tibet: Tibetan Opera Dancers sharing the history of Tibet through their music and dance.
- The Craft Ensemble: an all-women’s classical choral group
- The Immigrant Experience: A Cantata by John Kramer: “this timely piece reflects the issues surrounding immigration, and features texts by the Founding Fathers and others that established the United States as a welcoming place — a place, in the words of George Washington, “open to receive not only the opulent and respectable stranger but the oppressed and persecuted of all nations and religions.” Kramer’s cantata is composed in seven movements for choir, soloists, violin, clarinet, cello, and piano.
- John Keegan & Madhouse with plans to get everyone on their feet and dancing to cap off the night!
All proceeds from this event will support ongoing preservation and education programs at The House of the Seven Gables. We look forward to partying with you in less than two weeks!