The website underwent an extensive redesign process by Sperling Interactive and The House of the Seven Gables marketing department. The new website will be more interactive and easier to use. Mike Sperling, founder and director of Sperling Interactive, said of the process, “It has been a pleasure helping spotlight this charming historical site in order to increase visitation and spread awareness of this wonderful North Shore jewel!”
Some of the features of the remodeled website include:
• More frequent and relevant newsfeeds that offer insights into everything happening at The Gables in real-time
• Ability to translate features into almost any language
• Responsive design that enhances tablet and mobile access
• Ability to purchase memberships, sign up for sponsorships through our development department, and purchase tickets online for the annual Taste of the Gables benefit
The staff of The House of the Seven Gables has identified some of their favorite features:
• Attractive new aesthetic
• Interactive calendar of events
• Integration of the blog into the website
• Updated teacher resources and field trip information
• Ability to request further information from specific departments
• New accessibility information for visitors
In addition, we have increased the amount of information available to our visitors on our website in the hope that it will allow for more rewarding and informative visits.
This is the first phase of our website redesign. In the future, users will be able to purchase special event and general admission tickets on our website, and customers will have the option to purchase items from our online store.
We are looking for feedback from the public, so please check out our new website and submit your comments.
This post was written by Julie Arrison-Bishop