We invite you to support The Gables’ mission by becoming a part of our vibrant membership community.
Mansion Tour - Senior (65+)
Mansion Tour - Children (Age 5-12)
Children Under 5
FREE – accompanied by an adult
FREE – proof of residency required
FREE – must show card
* Grounds Pass does not include access to inside of house - inside only accessible through Mansion Tours ** Additional discounted tickets available on purchase page. All discounted tickets require valid ID upon arrival for verification.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Free admission for unlimited visits to our campus and early access to tickets
- Invitations to member events
- Special rates for public programs and lectures
- A discount on every purchase in our Museum Store (10% for General levels and 20% for Leadership levels)
- 10% discount on space rentals
- 20% off admission to the Hammond Castle Museum
- Monthly e-news and our quarterly printed newsletter
- At the Household level or higher, receive Gables one-use guest passes
- At the Patron level or higher, receive NARM benefits
Patron or higher levels receive the best benefits, such as a higher discount at the store and a NARM membership, which allows the member to visit over 1,300 museums, galleries, historical museums and societies, botanical gardens, zoos, and children’s museums across North America for FREE. At only $150, a Patron level membership makes great sense to someone who will visit more than two museums a year, no matter where they live.
Learn more about NARM on their webpage.
2 adults and all children in the same household, plus 2 one-use guest passes
Up to 2 adults and all children in the same household, plus 2 guest passes, NARM
Up to 2 adults and all children in the same household, plus 2 guest passes, NARM
PRESIDENT’S CIRCLE ($500)
Up to 4 adults and all children in the same household, plus 4 guest passes, NARM
EMMERTON SOCIETY ($1,000)
Up to 5 adults and all children in the same household, plus 4 guest passes, NARM
See what others have to say about their membership at The House of the Seven Gables!
“I love the membership program. I believe it is highly beneficial for the museum and for its preservation.”
“I am so pleased to be a part of the membership program. One of my very favorite places to go. I appreciate their dedication to preserving history for everyone.”
“Although I moved away from the Salem area, I hope to keep my membership as long as I am able. The Gables is a special place because of its connection to local history, the historic preservation movement, and the settlement movement.”
“I am very pleased to support The House of the Seven Gables with my membership.”
“We have enjoyed our membership.”
“Keep up the fine work!”
“I’d just like to thank you for your presence and what you do to keep past history alive.”
“I am a member in memory of my father who benefitted from all that The Gables did for the Derby Street Polish immigrants.”
“I am a member to support the wonderful job of maintaining this wonderful piece of history and then sharing the experience with everyone.”
To gift a membership, select the level you would like to give, when prompted. During the checkout process, you will be able check off the box ‘this membership is a gift.’
A 1-year membership ($200) provides 50 single-use passes. With each pass, library patrons receive a code to use when they reserve tickets online. This will give them 50% off admission to the museum for up to four people. Visitors can take a tour of The House of the Seven Gables, visit Nathaniel Hawthorne’s birthplace, stroll through our seaside Colonial Revival gardens, enjoy an audio tour of our grounds and shop in our charming Museum Store. Email email@example.com or call Membership and Gifts Manager, Geneva Cann, at 978-306-7021 if you’d like to purchase a library membership.
We hope you will consider becoming a library member. We love to see library patrons at our site!
Can my admission purchase go toward a new membership?
- Yes! During your visit, talk to a staff member at the Admissions desk and let them know you bought tickets. They can subtract the cost of admission from (or apply toward) your membership fee. We ask that you do this in-person, not online or by phone.
I bought a membership, now what?
- Thank you so much and welcome to our membership program! We are so happy you have joined us. The moment you become a member; you can enjoy all the benefits. We look forward to seeing you soon.
If I buy my membership today, can I visit immediately and use my member benefits?
- Yes! It takes about two weeks to receive your membership materials in the mail, but of course you can use your member benefits right away. When you visit us, the staff member at the Admissions desk can look up your name and see that you are a member eligible to receive free admission. This is also true in our museum store. To receive your discount, let the store associate know you are a member and provide your name.
- If you require your membership card sooner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a temporary card to print out.
How long does my membership last?
- Your membership lasts for one year and expires on the last day of the month you bought it. So if you purchased a membership on 3/12/2023, your membership will expire on 3/31/2024.
How do I renew my membership? Can I choose auto-renewal?
- We will email you a few times close to your membership expiration date to invite you to renew. We will also send you a renewal form in the mail. You can choose to auto-renew your membership. Simply select that option at checkout when you purchase or renew a membership on our website.
What is NARM? Why should I get a membership that includes that benefit?
- NARM stands for the North American Reciprocal Museum Association. Members of this association receive free admission to over 1,300 museums, galleries, historical museums and societies, botanical gardens, zoos, children’s museums, and more throughout the United States, Bermuda, Canada, El Salvador and Mexico. You will receive this benefit if you are a Patron level member or higher. We strongly suggest purchasing a membership with the NARM benefit if you plan on visiting more than two museums in a year since it will be a better value than purchasing regular admission tickets. No matter where you live or where you are visiting, there is a NARM museum nearby! To learn more, go to https://narmassociation.org
How do I reserve tickets online and receive my free admission benefit?
- To receive your free admission benefit, you must be registered and logged into our website using the same email address you used when you bought your membership. After registering on our website, you should be able to log in with your credentials. If you experience difficulties, we recommend clearing the cookies on your web browser and trying again. If you continue to have trouble, email email@example.com.
Can guests use my membership?
- No. The only people that can use your membership are named on your membership card(s). However, the Household level and Leadership levels receive one-use guest passes.
Can I use my membership card at other museums?
- If you are a Patron level member or higher, your Gables membership card will have a gold NARM sticker on it. You can only use this at other NARM participating institutions. Otherwise, your Gables membership card is only accepted at The Gables.
How long does it take to receive my membership materials?
- It takes about two weeks to receive your membership materials in the mail. It may take less or more time (depending on the postal service).
Why did I only receive one card in the mail?
- If you were meant to have two people on your membership but only received one card, we apologize. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail you a second card with the appropriate name.
I lost my membership card. What should I do?
- Contact email@example.com and we will send you a new one, free of charge.
How do I register for events and make sure I get my membership discount?
- We so look forward to seeing our members at events! Whatever the event, you will be able to purchase or reserve tickets or register on our website. You must register and create an account on our website. Once you are logged in (using the same email address you used when purchasing the membership), the website will identify you as a member and you can register for as many events as you’d like. If you are having any difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like someone else to make my reservation. Who should I contact?
- We are happy to assist you! Email email@example.com and we can make your reservation via email or phone depending on the type of reservation.
I would like to know the discount codes members receive, for The Gables’ online store and for admission to the Hammond Castle Museum. How do I get those?
- The discounts codes will be provided on your membership letter sent with the membership cards. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the codes directly.
Any other questions? Email email@example.com